The Original SANDDUNE™ meets this challenge.
The Original SANDDUNE™ – Distinctive freestanding, patented low impact/high resistance foam exercise device that simulates walking and exercising on the sand promoting greater balance, strength, coordination and flexibility. Simultaneously, an effective cardiovascular workout is gained as it safely triggers muscle fiber into more efficient utilization beneficial in everyday life.
The Original SANDDUNE™ challenges your ability to balance and coordinate your body on a gentle, pliable surface. Once on the SANDDUNE™, your brain’s sensors receive messages from your muscles which decide how much effort and which muscles are needed to support proper balance and coordination. When used in a supervised exercise program the Original SANDDUNE™ can facilitate greater balance, strength, coordination and flexibility for any age group.
Easily transportable, cost-effective and space saving, it is currently being used under supervision in outpatient clinics, rehab nursing and assisted living facilities, seniors’ independent living communities, at home for rehabilitation exercise and conditioning. It is also being utilized in offices with proper protocol as part of employee wellness. When you take a break jog instead of having more coffee, see how many minutes you can do; 2 minutes, 5 minutes your whole break!
Our goal at Original SANDDUNE™ is to give orthopaedic and neurological patients from kids to grandparents, fitness buffs, performing artists, and athletes, the benefit of working out on this uniquely challenging and effective apparatus that is easy to use yet challenging for the body.
Original SANDDUNE™’s distinctive construction coupled with the ease of use, brings a valuable new dimension to the goal of helping reestablish greater balance, coordination and strength to those coping with the fear of falling due to sedentary lifestyle, injury, illness, challenges like Parkinson’s, MS, vertigo, stroke, drop foot, or in some cases Cerebral Palsy.
- It is especially effective for those who are recovering from surgeries such as foot, ankle, knee or hip surgery.
- If inactivity is the problem, begin to strengthen your core and hip flexors by sitting on the edge of the bed or in a sturdy chair and press into the pads to begin the acclimation of returning to healthful walking.
- As strength increases with regular use, the confidence to walk and function without fear of falling returns.
- It easily incorporates into a comprehensive balance or gait exercise rehabilitation regimen once the assessment protocols of the sensory and motor control systems have been established.
- And provides a low impact apparatus effective for seniors who are physically fit and looking for ways to maintain or build their core and leg strength safely, without the effects of bone and joint jarring exercises.